Is Dentures A Good Option For Me?
If you need to have many teeth extracted or are missing numerous teeth, you want a solution to replace your missing teeth. Fortunately, there are various methods accessible to you to restore your smile. Have you asked yourself Am I a Candidate for Dentures? Well, you may be a candidate for dentures in Shreveport LA if you miss any or all of your teeth. When deciding whether or not to have dentures, there are various factors to consider.
What Exactly Are Dentures?
Shreveport LA Dentures are removable prosthetic teeth and come in two varieties: partials and completes. When there are still natural teeth in the mouth, partial dentures, as the name implies, cover just a portion of the missing teeth. On the other hand, complete dentures cover the whole mouth when natural teeth are missing. When you obtain dentures, your dentist will take measurements and molds of your teeth and gums to produce a comfortable and functional pair of dentures.
The Advantages of Dentures
As a replacement for missing teeth, Dentures provide various advantages to individuals who lack teeth.
– Dentures may boost your confidence.
– You’ve improved your physical appearance and grin.
– Dentures provide support for your face muscles.
– Denture support may help you speak more clearly.
– Dentures enable patients to consume foods that they would not be able to eat otherwise.
– Modern dentures are made to be both useful and pleasant.
– Dentures are readily removed, allowing you to clean them fast and properly.
– Most dental insurance policies typically cover dentures.
Dentures Increase Self-Esteem
Losing many teeth may cause your facial muscles to sink or droop, making you seem older. Dentures, thankfully, keep your facial muscles in place and restore your face to its pre-tooth loss appearance.
Dentures and Eating
There are no restrictions on what you may eat and drink when wearing dentures. There is an adjustment phase to get accustomed to wearing and using dentures, but most individuals adapt quickly and can eat as they did before obtaining dentures. As you become adjusted to your dentures, we suggest eating meals that are easier to chew at first. You may learn to chew tougher, more challenging foods over time.
Dentures: How Long Do They Last?
Non-permanent dentures will not last forever. However, if you take excellent care of your dentures, they may last you long if you follow these recommended practices.
A daily schedule for effective denture maintenance is as follows:
– Take out your dentures.
– Use a non-abrasive denture toothpaste to brush your dentures.
– After eating, properly rinse dentures to eliminate food particles.
– Gently wipe all surfaces with a soft-bristle denture brush to prevent harming the plastic.
– Each night, soak your dentures in water or a mild denture cleaning.
– Rinse any denture cleaner out of your mouth before replacing your dentures.
Most essential, do not use ordinary toothpaste, hot water, or bleach items.
Dentures are not the sole option for tooth replacement. Shreveport LA Dental implants and bridges are also wonderful possibilities. Your dentist will go through all of your choices with you. Other options for dentures, including dental implants, need a strong bone structure. For example, the implant post is inserted into your jaw bone for the implant tooth to be put. The implant post stimulates your jaw bone in the same way as your natural teeth do to prevent bone loss.
A dental bridge in Shreveport LA is another possibility. Healthy teeth around the affected tooth must be present to support a dental bridge. The necessity for good oral hygiene is neither reduced nor eliminated by tooth replacement solutions.
Contact Shreveport Dental Solutions
Contact our team of professionals today to discuss any and all options that you may have. Our team is here to give you any information that you may have.