Fun Facts About Teeth
Teeth are so wonderful! We often forget how much we need them to function in our everyday lives. That’s why Shreveport’s dentist, Dr. Ben Kacos is sharing fun facts about teeth. For dental services in Shreveport, LA, contact Dr. Kacos’s office.
- The side you chew your food on depends on whether you are right-handed or left as if you are right-handed then you will chew from the right side and if you’re are left-handed then you will chew from the left.
- If you don’t floss, 40 % of the surface of your teeth is left uncleaned.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body. But that does not mean that opening bottle caps with your teeth is a good idea.
- Every year, Kids in north America spend a little less than half a million dollars on chewing gum.
- The Majority of people use blue toothbrushes rather than red ones.
- People who drink 3 or more glasses of soda each day have a 62% more chance of tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss. It’s best to stay away from these fizzy drinks and just stick to freshwater.
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is unique.
- The average American spends 38.5 days in total brushing their teeth in their lifetime.
- Giraffes only have bottom teeth
- Just like fingerprints and tongue prints, tooth prints are also unique to each individual.
- A woman on average smiles 62 times a day. The man on average smiles about 8 times a day.
- Kids laugh around 400 times a day and adults on average smile 15 times a day
- In 1882 commercial floss was manufactured for the first time.
- The average person only brushes 45 to 70 seconds a day which is insufficient as dentists recommend 2 to 3 minutes of brushing
- The most valuable tooth belonged to Sir Isaac newton. In 1816 one of his teeth was sold in London for $ 3633 or in today’s terms $ 35700.
- Dental plaque is made up of more than 300 types of bacteria.
- 78% of Americans have had at least 1 cavity by the age of 17.
- There are 10-12 teaspoons of sugar in a single can of soda.
If you looking for a dentist in Shreveport, LA, look no further! Dr. Ben Kacos offers a wide range of dental services and has a MICOI mastership status. Contact our office for more information!