Invisalign® aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These clear aligners have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles, and they can help you too.
Invisalign® in Shreveport, LA
Invisalign® aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option, worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
Invisalign® aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With Invisalign®, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks. Each new set of aligners shifts your teeth slightly and continues until you have achieved your final results, which usually takes about two years.
You remove the Invisalign® aligners for eating, drinking, and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
Caring for Your Teeth with Invisalign® or Braces
Maintaining good oral hygiene is extra important while you have Invisalign® or braces to ensure food debris and bacteria don’t remain trapped against your teeth. Check out our recommended dental health products for those with Invisalign® or braces.
How much does Invisalign® cost?
We aim to provide high-quality dental care that’s affordable for our patients in Shreveport, LA. Invisalign® cost varies based on the length of treatment. Out-of-pocket cost for any procedure depends on your insurance coverage at the time of the procedure.
- Orthodontics (D6010/D6057/D6058): $779 – $5,556
Certain PPO plans may cover up to 50%
Please note that the price of each procedure could vary from these numbers depending on the need–every patient and every case is different.
How does the Invisalign® process work?
At Shreveport Dental Solutions, we work to provide a seamless experience for your Invisalign® treatment.
- You’ll meet with Dr. Kacos or Dr. Patel to go over the current alignment of your teeth and the goal you hope to achieve.
- We’ll take photographs of your teeth, jaw, and face, along with X-rays and dental impressions.
- Your records are sent to Invisalign® with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear.
- Invisalign® scans the impressions to create a 3D model of your teeth and works with us to get the mold to its exact proportions.
- When the final results are ready, the trays are made and mailed to our office.
- You’ll come in the get your trays and wear the trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
What are the advantages of Invisalign®?
Most people are excellent candidates for Invisalign® clear aligners. However, clear aligners may not be a suitable choice for extensive orthodontic cases involving significant movement. Some may also choose fixed braces because there are no trays to lose.
Invisalign® is a great option for:
- Straightening your teeth without braces that others can see
- Eating foods that are “off-limits” with traditional braces
- Easily cleaning and brushing your teeth
Who can use Invisalign®?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Invisalign®. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Invisalign® can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign®. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.
If you have more questions about Invisalign® or other orthodontic procedures, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss further.